A gift to rally against the donkey skin trade
The perfect birthday gift!
You’re giving a gift that speaks out.
The donkeys threatened by this horrifying trade can’t speak, but this gift will give others a voice to rally on their behalf. Your gift is going to help raise awareness, broadcasting the dark truth about the donkey skin trade on channels like YouTube and Facebook.
Not only that, but you’ll be giving communities a platform to spread their message to an audience of millions, so no animal is endangered because of this terrible practice.
Rally against the donkey skin trade is in the Policy change category.
Product code: SE15C
How we spend your money and make your gift do more
We hope you enjoy browsing through Brooke Shop and picking out the perfect gifts for the people in your life. Your kind purchase will help us care for working animals all over the world. We’d like to explain how.
We’ll spend your money where it’s most needed
When you buy a gift from Brooke Shop, you’re supporting our vital work for animals. Brooke Shop gifts are divided into five categories (see below). The funds we raise from your gift will directly support projects in that category.
- Tourism and industry: The dangers working animals face are largely hidden from public view. Your gift means that we can ease the suffering of horses, donkeys and mules working in harsh conditions such as coal mines and brick kilns.
- Communities: You’ll help owners improve the welfare of their animals. Not only will gifts in this category change the way owners look after their animals, they will also unlock owners’ compassion to create long-term change.
- Future proofing: We’re always looking at new and innovative ways to improve the lives of working animals. Your gift will help owners adopt sustainable animal welfare practices, and build resilience for the future.
- Policy change: Your gift will help us put the role of working horses, mules and donkeys on the agendas of local and national governments. We also strive to create change globally via international organisations. This advocacy work is vital to ensure our work is sustainable at all levels.
- East Africa: Many people in this region depend on their working horses, donkeys and mules for their livelihoods. These animals transport water and people in rural areas, as well as working in industries such as construction. Your gift will help us connect with both owners and wider communities, providing them with essential knowledge and key welfare skills.